technical parameters of the HAST chamber
This chart includes the main technical parameters of the Highly Accelerated Stress Test Chamber.
|Inner Box Size:||φ400 × D500 mm round test box (can be customized according to requirements)|
|Outer Box Size:||Width ≤ 700mm, Height ≤ 1600mm, Depth ≤ 1100mm|
|Inner Box Material||SUS 316# Stainless Steel Plate Material|
|Outer Box Material||Senior Baking Paint|
|Temperature Range:||non-satiated 100℃ ~ +135℃ saturated 105~+135℃|
|Humidity Range :||75%RH~100%RH .|
|Humidity Fluctuation:||≤±2.5 % R.H.|
|Humidity Uniformity:||≤±3.0% R.H.|
|Pressure Range:||0.2~2 kg/cm² (0.02~0.196 MPa/2.9~28.45 psi) pressure on the table inside the box, (ambient atmospheric pressure, then add another 1 atmospheric pressure)|
|Temperature Distribution:||≤± 2.0℃.|
|Temperature Rise Time:||room temperature → + 135 ℃ about 50 min;|
|Boosting Time:||Normal pressure → + 2 kg/cm² about 50 min. External gas source pressurization: about 5 min.|
|Control Object:||Microcomputer + P.I.D. + S.S.R. Automatic calculation control of saturated vapor temperature.|
|Control Mode:||Microcomputer PID Control|
|Control Accuracy:||≤± 0.5℃.|
|Installed Power:||about 4 kW|
Why choose the ChiuVention Highly Accelerated Stress Test Chamber:
Energy Saving and Power Saving, Reliable Operation
External rotor fan, large elevation angle, large air volume, low-speed mute, turn axial fan sound energy saving 30%. The water pipe adopts copper pipe + bell, precision design, good air tightness, and low water consumption. Controller operation adopts a fuzzy algorithm to ensure precise operation.
Automated Control System, More Accurate Control
The water tank adopts 16L large-capacity water tank, which is placed at the bottom of the box, and adopts the latest active automatic water replenishment system, which effectively prevents the heating tube from dry burning; the test will not be terminated; the equipment will automatically remove the pressure at the end of the test.
Good Sealing Performance, Long Service Life
Special packing material: high temperature resistant rubber foam molding, the greater the pressure of the inner box, packing will have counterpressure will make it more closely combined with the box, and the traditional extrusion type is completely different, can extend the packing life.
Strictly Selected Materials, Standard Design is Safer:
Arc double liner design, stainless steel round test chamber structure, in line with industrial safety container standards, can prevent condensation and moisture phenomenon in the test, but also to avoid the direct impact of steam overheating, to meet the UHAST and BHAST test requirements. Meanwhile, the product design separates water and electricity, which is safer.
Intelligent and Easy to Operate
Critical point LIMIT mode automatic safety protection, abnormal causes and faults show the machine has a timed drying function, so that the test product is in a dry state. Controller human-machine interface interactive and friendly form design, 7″TFT true color LCD touch screen, easy to operate.
Easy to Clean and Operate, Good Heat Dissipation
You can monitor the operation of the machine and control the machine remotely via LAN or by connecting the machine directly to a computer.V-type condenser, large area heat dissipation design, efficient cooling. Cold rolled plate baking paint is easy to take care of, corrosion resistance, high and low temperatures.
Multi-port Data Support, Convenient to Monitor the Test Process
With USB interface to copy records directly, including historical curves, historical data, etc., directly copied to the computer to view and analyze and save the disk. Optional RS-232 or RS-485 communication interface, can be bi-directional control of the machine and computer hard disk storage data. Large program capacity: 269 groups of program functions, each group of programs can be edited 50 paragraphs.
Multiple safety protection devices so that the Highly Accelerated Stress Test Chamber is more stable
Over-temperature and over-pressure protection is detected throughout the test:
- The first stage of the instrument inside the ultra-high temperature protection.
- The second stage of the instrument inside the humidifier water shortage protection, high pressure protection, water tank water shortage alarm power off.
- The second stage of the humidifier tube limit temperature protection.
- The second stage of ultra-high pressure protection.
- Stage 3 emergency pressure relief protection, manual pressure relief protection, automatic pressure relief, etc.
- Pressure overpressure protection; pressure over limit second protection.
- Temperature limit alarm protection.
- Pressure limit mechanical pressure relief disconnection device.
- Temperature limit over-temperature power-off device.
- Humidifying tube limit temperature cut-off protection device.
- Water shortage protection.
The control system of hast chamber
The use of the original imported 7-inch microcomputer color LCD touch screen Ying screen direct key type, in English that the wide viewing angle, high contrast function of the process controller, and with a number of PID control functions. Programmable 269 models 13450 steps.
Control Precision of Hast Test Chamber
Accuracy: Temperature ±0.3℃, Humidity ±1%R.H, Pressure ±0.1%R.H.
Resolution: Temperature ±0.1℃, Humidity ±0.1%R.H. Pressure 0.1kg/cm²
With upper and lower limit standby and alarm function.
Temperature and humidity into the force signal dry and wet bulb (RTD) PT-100Ω × 2 (platinum resistance).
Pressure input signal 4～20ma.
6 groups of P.I.D control parameters setting, P.I.D automatic calculation.
Dry and wet ball automatic correction.
Interface Display of Climatic Chamber
- Adopting screen talk type, no need to input keys, screen direct touch options.
- Setting (SV) and actual (PV) values are directly displayed.
- The remaining time of the current execution can be displayed.
- Running time totalization function.
- Set values are displayed as graphic curves, and a real-time display of the program curve execution function is available.
- Separate editing screen for inputting temperature, humidity, pressure and test time.
- Chinese and English can be switched at will; fault prompt screen display; screen can be adjusted for backlighting.
- The screen display protection function can be timer or manually close the setting.
Capacity and Function Introduction of Environmental Chamber
- Programmable timing control module device x2 groups can be programmed 269 models 13450 steps.
- With power failure program memory, power restoration automatically starts and continues to execute the program function.
- With RS-232 communication interface, two-way control of the machine and curve data storage computer hard disk.
- With a USB interface, download historical data at any time.
- Real-time graphic curves can be displayed during execution.
- With reservation startup and shutdown functions.
- Date and time adjustment function.
- Self-learning function for machine maintenance tips.
- Key and screen lock function.
Power supply conditions
AC220V FireWire + ZeroWire + Protective EarthWire. The user must configure an air or power switch of corresponding capacity for the equipment at the installation site, and this switch must be independent of using this equipment.
Specimen Restrictions of Test Chambers
This test equipment prohibits:
- Testing or storage of specimens of flammable, explosive, or volatile substances.
- Testing or storage of corrosive substances.
- Testing or storage of specimens with strong electromagnetic emission sources.
Selected Components of Climatic Test Chamber
Intelligent protection control system, imported controls, each component is carefully selected to achieve better test results.
- Pot body(SUS316) Taiwan
- Safety valve UK
- Pressure switch Japan
- Pneumatic (electromagnetic) valve Taiwan
- Fan Italy
- Motor Taiwan
- Shaft disk module Taiwan
- Pressure-resistant piping components Japan
- Electricity leakage circuit breaker Japan
- Transformer Taiwan
- SSR module Taiwan
- Controller system Hardware import, software self-developed
Hast Chambers Meet the following standards
IEC60068-2-66; JESD22-A102-C; JESD22-A110-B; JESD22-A118; GB/T 2423.40-1997
What is HAST testing of chips?
HAST testing is a highly accelerated stress test methodology used to assess the reliability of chips by simulating the operating conditions of chips in a high temperature and high humidity environment to accelerate the aging and failure process.
Why should chips undergo HAST testing?
- Evaluate the stability of the chip in a high temperature and high humidity environment to ensure that the chip can work stably for a long time in a harsh application environment;
- To detect problems that may be caused by high temperature and high humidity, such as solder rupture or metal wire breakage due to thermal expansion, and electrical connection problems caused by corrosion;
- Verify the reliability of the chip to provide manufacturers and customers with reliable product performance data.
What is the role of the test holder in HAST testing?
In HAST testing, the test holder is the key component that connects the chip to the test equipment. It transmits electrical signals to the chip and transmits the test results back to the test equipment.The role of the test bench is to provide a reliable and stable interface to ensure normal communication between the chip and the test equipment, and to ensure the accuracy and consistency of the test data.
- First of all, high temperature and high humidity are environments that test stands must be able to withstand. In HAST testing, the temperature is usually between 100°C and 150°C, and the humidity is as high as 85% to 95%. Therefore, test stands need to be able to withstand high temperatures and humidity to ensure their reliability. The choice of materials and the design of the structure of the test holder must take these factors into account to ensure that it does not fail or affect the test results during the test process.
- Secondly, the test holder must also provide good electrical performance. It should ensure good signal transmission and low resistance connections to ensure accurate communication between the chip and the test equipment. The electrical characteristics of the test holder, such as contact resistance, insertion loss and signal amplitude, need to be accurately controlled and tested during the design and manufacturing process.
- Finally, the design of the test holder should also match the requirements of the chip’s package and test equipment. Different types of chips have different package forms, such as die, QFN, BGA and so on. The test bench needs to make a corresponding design just according to the different packages of the chip.
Why HAST test?
- Routine assessment of product reliability
Accelerated assessment of product reliability through temperature, humidity, bias and other stresses.
- It dramatically reduces product development cycles compared to traditional temperature and humidity testing.
HAST test temperature is usually higher than 105 ℃, in the humidity of the environment will produce a greater pressure, thus accelerating the moisture into the product interior, can be faster to make the device internal saturation, the first commonly used HAST test 96h instead of THB test 1000h, effectively shorten the test time.
High temperature and high humidity on the test samples, can constitute the water vapour adsorption, absorption and diffusion, the material in the inhalation of humidity expansion, performance deterioration, strength reduction, mechanical properties, adsorption of water vapour insulation materials caused by the decline in electrical properties.
- Effectively improve the company’s test capacity and efficiency
Due to the reduction of test time, in the same time, more products can be temperature and humidity of the reliability of the test verification. According to the U.S. authority statistics, for electronic devices, humidity on the failure of the device accounts for about 19%. The main failure modes caused by humidity: corrosion, particle migration, diffusion, hydrolysis.
Accelerated aging test (HAST) what test categories?
- High temperature step stress test
- Vibration step stress test
- Comprehensive stress test
- Low temperature step stress test
- Rapid thermal cycling test
- Working stress test
In what fields can HAST be applied?
HAST Weathering Test is widely used for accelerated weathering life testing of products. For example, EVA, connectors, photovoltaic modules, polymer materials, circuit boards, semiconductors, magnetic materials, integrated circuits and other products. To reduce the time for life testing of a system or product and accelerate the test process. Accelerated life testing requires additional operational and environmental stress. The test is used to analyze the wear and tear and length of service life of mechanical and electronic components, as well as the causes of increased failure rates.