salt spray chamber specification:
|Test Chamber:||108 L or 270 L|
|Test Solution Volume:||15 L|
|Temperature Test:||NSS.ACSS 35℃±1℃, CASS 50℃±1℃ optional.|
|Air Temperature:||NSS.ACSS 47℃±1℃, CASS 63℃±1℃ optional|
|Internal Dimensions:||600 x 450 x 400mm or 900 x 600 x 500mm|
|External Dimensions:||1060 x 570 x 1060mm or 1420 x 980 x 1285mm|
|Power:||220V 50/60Hz 4kW or 6kW|
|Package Size:||108 litres: 1260 x 860 x 1300mm|
270 litres: 1620 x 1060 x 1450mm
|Standard:||GB/T 2423.17 ASTM B117|
Main characteristics of the instrument:
- Equipped with a spray regulator for easy adjustment of spray density.
- A heater is fitted at the bottom of the test chamber for heating water and maintaining temperature.
- Equipped with a sealed water tank, adopting the water seal principle to avoid spray leakage.
- The outer and inner housings of the salt spray tester are made of PVC, which provides better protection against corrosion. Clear test shell, easier to observe the test situation.
Features of salt spray chamber
Automatic demisting to avoid spray leakage
Exhaust pipe, diameter 48mm (pvc-u) pipe, combined with the mist eliminator in the outdoor, no water accumulation phenomenon, so that the fog naturally discharged. Equipped with sealed water tank, using the water seal principle, to avoid spray leakage.
Spray adjustable, uniform degree of atomisation
Equipped with spray regulator, easy to adjust the spray density. Turn to the high position, the spray density increases, turn to the low position, the spray density decreases.
Anti-corrosion and temperature resistance, easy to observe
The shell and liner of the salt spray chamber are made of PVC, which has better corrosion resistance. The test lid adopts a roof slanting 100-degree see-through lid, used to cover the top of the test chamber, the test shell is clear, easier to observe the test situation.
Automatic water level control
The brine preheating tank is located at the bottom of the spray tower and the brine is injected through the brine refill bottle. The water level is automatically controlled by a float and a drain is installed at the bottom of the tank.
What is a salt spray tester for?
A salt spray test chamber is a device used to simulate salt spray corrosive environments by spraying a sodium chloride aqueous solution onto the surface of the object under test to conduct corrosion experiments to assess its corrosion resistance and thus determine its suitability as well as its lifespan and other parameters.
Salt spray test chamber can be applied to which scenes?
It can be used to study the corrosion resistance of different materials in different corrosive environments. Through salt spray testing, researchers can simulate and test a variety of natural corrosive environments, such as marine environments, industrial atmospheres, etc., in order to assess the corrosion resistance of materials. These studies help to understand the corrosion mechanisms of materials in different environments and provide a basis for material development and optimisation.
It can also be used for quality control in industrial production. In the manufacturing process, salt spray testing of materials can detect the corrosion resistance of materials to ensure product quality. Especially in the automotive, marine, petrochemical and other fields, the application of salt spray test chamber is particularly important, because the materials in these fields need to have high corrosion resistance.
In the product development stage, can be used to assess the corrosion resistance of the product. For example, for a metal part or a coating, through the salt spray test can understand its corrosion resistance, and predict its service life in a particular environment. This type of testing helps product designers and engineers to optimise the design of their products and improve their durability and reliability.
It can be used to study atmospheric pollution and environmental corrosion. By simulating the salt spray corrosion process under different environmental conditions, researchers can assess the impact of atmospheric pollutants on the corrosion of materials, providing a basis for environmental protection decisions. For example, in the study of marine pollution and air pollution, salt spray test chamber is used to study the corrosion mechanism of metal materials and the effectiveness of environmental protection measures.
Salt spray test chamber can be applied to which areas?
- Automotive industry: the corrosion resistance of automobiles and parts is an important factor in ensuring driving safety and extending service life. Salt spray test chamber can be used to assess the body, chassis, exhaust system and other components in the marine environment durability, to provide reliable data support for automobile manufacturers.
- Electronic industry: modern electronic equipment is widely used in various fields, and salt spray corrosion in the marine environment on the damage caused by electronic products can not be ignored. Salt spray test chamber can be electronic components, circuit boards and other salt spray corrosion test to protect product quality and improve product reliability.
- Aerospace industry: salt spray test chamber in the aerospace industry is widely used. Aircraft fuselage, engine, hydraulic system and other components in the marine environment is directly related to the performance of aircraft safety. Through the salt spray test chamber can assess the corrosion resistance of aerospace products to ensure their reliability in harsh environments.
- Metal materials industry: Salt spray test chambers are vital for assessing the corrosion resistance of all types of metal materials and coatings. For example, for the paint and coating industry, salt spray test chambers can verify the corrosion resistance and durability of their products to ensure product quality.
Why use salt spray test chamber for testing?
- Identify problems in advance: Salt spray test chambers can simulate salt spray corrosion in harsh environments, helping manufacturers to identify potential quality problems before placing their products on the market to avoid affecting brand reputation and user experience.
- Optimise product design: Through the test results of the salt spray test chamber, manufacturers can understand the performance of the product in different environments, and then optimise the product design to improve the corrosion resistance and reliability of the product, so as to provide users with higher quality products.
- Meet industry standards and requirements: many industries have clear standards and requirements for the corrosion resistance of products. Through the salt spray test chamber for testing, manufacturers can ensure that the product meets the relevant industry standards, and to meet the needs of customers to enhance market competitiveness.
- Cost savings: In the design and manufacturing phase of the product, through the salt spray test chamber to find and solve potential quality problems, you can avoid more serious failures at a later stage or the cost of returning the product for repair, so as to save costs.
- Enhance brand trust: By verifying the corrosion resistance of products through salt spray test chambers, companies are able to build a more reliable brand image and increase user trust in their products. This will help expand market share and gain more customers and partners.
What products should do salt spray test?
- Metals and their alloys
- Plating and film, including metal coverings, organic coverings, anodic oxide film
Organic coverings, such as paint, varnish, powder coating (powder), rust preventive oils, etc…
Metallic coverings, such as electroplating, chemical plating, ion plating, spray plating, hot dip plating, chemical vapour deposition, etc.. Commonly used electroplating layers are zinc plating, copper plating, nickel plating, chromium plating, tin plating and brass plating, lead and tin alloy plating.
- Electronic products
(1) Road traffic: road vehicle electrical and electronic equipment, rail transit rolling stock machinery and equipment, automotive parts and components.
(2) Computer: computers, displays, hosts, computer components, medical equipment and other precision instruments.
(3) Electronic communications: mobile phones, radio frequency devices, electronic communications components, PCB, PCBA.
(4) Electrical appliances: home appliances, lamps and lanterns, transformers and other types of home appliances and electrical equipment, instruments, medical equipment.
Salt spray tester specifically for a variety of materials by paint, coatings, electroplating, anodic treatment, rust and other surface treatment, testing the corrosion resistance of its products, the use of salt spray tester will be sodium chloride solution of the test liquid, in mist effect on the coated film of a corrosion test method; is the materials research, national defence industry, light industry, electronics, instrumentation, and other industries, a variety of products, the natural environment of adaptability and reliability of a key test equipment.